Feed our Children - End World Hunger
Pope Francis - End world hunger through 'PRAYER & ACTION'
PRAYER - Prayer is Powerful. Lord hear our prayers.
ACTION - Our Global 'Action' campaign is a three-phase SOLUTION:
Step 1: Food; feeding hungry children is the first part of the solution.
Step 2: Education, the gift of literacy and moral education; Children will develop the knowledge, understanding, skills and moral values to enable them to meet the challenges they will face in the 21st century. When children learn they are better able to succeed, opening new opportunities for themselves and future generations.
Step 3: Learning Tools; Using our own global distribution network, we will provide XO Tablets for children to optimize their learning and morals and help empower the world's poorest children through education.
World Hunger and Malnutrition
- One child dies every 10 seconds from hunger.
- Poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five - 3.1 million children each year.
- One out of six children -- roughly 100 million -- in developing countries are underweight.
- 870 million people in the world do not have enough to eat.
- Asia has the largest share of the world's hungry people (some 552 million).
- World Food Programme (WFP) calculates that US$3.2 billion is needed per year to reach all 66 million hungry school-age children.
We face a hunger crisis unlike anything seen in more than 50 years. But together, we can end this crisis and eradicate hunger worldwide.
For over 20 years, Catholic Online has been an integral part of the world Catholic landscape. It's this experience and brand recognition that now allows us the opportunity to implement and accomplish the vision Pope Francis has set in motion - End World Hunger by 2025.
Together we are God's hands in the world, Pope Francis and Catholic Online with Your Catholic Voice Foundation invite you to join with us to support our projects and raise your catholic voice to end world hunger through 'prayer and action'.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection